Stock Delivery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stock Delivery

Stock Delivery Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

NiX Loot System

+5
Admin
Tobba
Middlefinger
Odinni
njalme
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NiX Loot System Empty NiX Loot System Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am

njalme

Here's a counter-dkp system we used when raiding in NiX and it was used for the entire duration of the guilds existence. Through numerous end-game instances with first hand experience on this system, I can without a doubt say that this system is a very fair system that eliminated all hostile discussions conserning loot.

This is how it worked:

Every player (before we started raiding) sets up a list with 3 items in prio 1, 2 and 3. (not counting set tokens!) for each instance.

I.e: 1. Item A,B,C
2. Item D,E,F
3. Item G,H,I

This information was saved in a thread on the forum. Once the list was complete it was locked. Thus you could not edit it at any time later on.

Lets call that list the 'Loot list'. Now in addition to that list there were created a list with rotations on set items. (I will get back to this later)

When an item dropped those with prio 1 on that specific item were allowed to roll. If none had prio 1 then prio 2 were allowed. If none at all had it on 1,2 or 3 all could. The reason for the prioritized loot is that ppl will get a good chance on getting the stuff they want without too many ppl rolling at the same time. The lists will also be looking very different from person to person, even within the same class because ppl got different loot when they make the list and also, as humans do, differ on what they think is tasteh!

As for set items they were rotated, At first we had 1 item assigned to each class when it dropped. And that item then rotated on to the next class in line when it was picked up.

Set token X: class1*, class2, class3
Set token Y: class1*, class2, class3

I.e, at first boss set X dropped and AHA! class 1 is next up. So they agree within who gets it (common sense, as in who needs it the most), decide, and loot. At that point that specific item rotates on to the next class for next drop. Easy and simple and no fuzz or discussions. (This list was edited post raid by any officer with permission to do so on the forum) Also everyone got access to the list and can see what goes on and thus it's not possible to cheat without someone noticing.

The simpleness of this system is its strenght. By narrowing down the amount of persons that will roll on each item that drops it will not generate any fuzz. When there's 3 or 4 ppl rolling or even (with set items) deciding within who gets what, it's almost 100% whore proof. It would also lower the time spent at each drop deciding who gets what to the minimum. Thus the raid will progress smoothly and fast. Gearing will be optimal because ppl can't "steal" items, they have to wait in turn. Also ppl who attend alot of raids will naturally get more loot because if the different ppl who need items arent' there, the item will go on to prio 2, 3 etc.

Benefits:

1. It eliminates need of addons,
2. It's fair and democratic, you yourself decide what you want and how badly you want it, (I.e how fast you will get it)
3. It speeds up raids by drasticly lowering time spent discussing loot.
4. Ppl who attend more raids will have a higher chance on getting more loot.
5. It gears up ppl equally. And equally gearing members equals a good progress guild.
6. It has no points! You cannot hamster points, you get rewarded for playing more than someone else naturally and not by allways being the one with the first hand on everything.

Discuss please.

Those who've used it before please add things I've missed or explained in a way that is hard to grasp. All the details around how the lists are made or other details haven't been mentioned because it's not relevant to how it works.

2NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Odinni

No system is perfect, but personally I loved it (I guess I have to say that, since I introduced it).
Simple and everything was sorted beforehand.
There are two major issues that needs to be determined before this is introduced to any guild.
I let another guild use the system and it functioned like shit in their guild.
From what I heard, SD ain't supposed to be a super hardcore guild, which means you might have a very diverse group of people. Some will be very active and some will be less active.
If this is the case this system will NOT work!
In NiX everyone was an active raider, everyone had an above 90% activity, which meant that any item would always benefit the raid and guild.
This was the main reason why this system worked so flawlessly.
As a Guildleader I had no control over the loot, it was sorted between members.

Second of all it requires a lot of respect between classes.
A sick dps trinket could go to a feral druid (pre wotlk)instead of a rogue/warrior if he had it on prio.
If you do not have sensible people, it can result in conflict.
Luckely we avoided any big issues.

But all in all I loved the system and would use it again, but doubt it would work in SD, because of the guilds nature.

3NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:38 pm

njalme

I'm not so sure, I feel that attendance won't affect things to that
extent as in being a bad system. That is I belive that this 'downside'
in the system will be small in comparison to what I'm afraid of in
a DKP system. With little motivated ppl raiding because they KNOW they
don't have a chance on the loot if it drops, and the way it's possible
for some to 'favor' being outside the raid since it generates points for
you anyway.

I just think that with the right mind on things this system still beats
DKP, even if it ain't a hardcore 90% raiding core.

4NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:37 am

Middlefinger

I think this system has been used back in undecided for a while too, it works great.
I believe back then we had a 75% activity rule? i can't remember.

Only thing i can think of is if we don't record attendance at all, some arguments will arise guaranteed between people.

Then again, it depends what the vision is for the guild, tracking attendance requires admin/work, unless you use a automated system like epgp.

Anything is better then eqdkp.

We need to know more about requirements and vision for the guild before we can decide on what system to use I think.

5NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 am

njalme

We never had any requiredment, but then again it wasn't needed. All our ppl had 90% attendance anyway. I believe the thought behind this guild was to never go hardcore but have a casual guild that still do ok at 25mans. A pvp/pve guild (which this is) will never be hardcore anyway. So I don't think we should put too much into attendance just yet. Tracking attendance would be needed when you go hardcore. There's not even a date or eta on the next end-game instances and I doubt we will have trouble gearing up the ppl even if we don't use a system at all. It's just to keep things simple.

6NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:41 am

Tobba

Personally, I loved this system.. quick, easy, and tidy..
And like Rowlow said, it has to have the attendence factor.
We had 75% in NiX i believe.
And, if we are going to raid 25 man, I think we should have a group of pretty active members... If we want some pve progress (like getting geared up for Ulduar) we cant just gear up randomly everyone that wants in for one raid a month...

Also, I know we're suppose to be a casual guild, but Im not sure we will stay that way if we start running 25 man like it seems like we're going to do atm..... I think people will start craving some more structure and rules as we start getting the raids together.....

7NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 am

Tobba

We could like lower the "raider" status to 50%...??

8NiX Loot System Empty Reply Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

To be honest, Iv just read through this system and to be fair.. I like it.

Its quick, Its easy. Im willing to give it a shot if this comes into play. Also, I and Angrr could make this "loot list" on the forum and lock it, and so forth.

But ye, I give it a thumbs up! Idea

https://stockdelivery.darkbb.com

9NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:18 am

Ponny

Ponny

Really like this system. Can't see any bad things in it. What I really like is how this system equally treats every single guild member. Make sure you come to the raids and you will get gear as fast as everyone else. There won't be any advantage for a nolifer to earn way more points than other players, like it would be by using a dkp system. There won't be any luck, like it would be by using no system at all.

BUT remember, while we comment this post we still pug naxx because we are far from enough players online at the right time. Sure you can discuss and angrr and his officers can choose which system they feel is the best one for Stock Delivery. I DON'T think we should start making a priority thread and lock it before we actually start using it though. Also remember the thread can't be unlocked and changed. It's pretty unfair to make the thread today, lock it tomorrow and invite a new raider the day after tomorrow. Make sure people are registered here first.

This NiX system is a perfect idea. Lets hope people use their brains until we can start using this system and pass gear they don't need instead of being horny everytime an epic you can use drops and think roll roll roll. We don't want to split the guild after 2 heroic naxx right?

10NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Angrr

Angrr

I've refrained from answering so far because as Ponny rightly points out we can't say anything until we're enough people on line at raid times consistently and with the right people. If we end up having to PUG to fill spots on Sunday, I'll put a one item choice on everybody in the raid, or something whereby we can't have a PUGer taking five items due to RNG.

I can certainly help out a lot in this department by putting up regular planned events. Everyone else can help out too by using the sign up systems and reading all information - gmotd & calendar for now. Events for next week are being added. Once we have more stability in our raiding it should be possible for others to take over the running of a raid. Nickles did a fine job in Fallen and when Rakho rejoins us I'm sure he would be willing to help out.

My main requirement with any loot system is that is has as close to 0 admin overhead as possible. Like everybody else I'm playing this game for fun, administrative tasks aren't. There are many types of DKP systems in operation, EQDKP is the most well known one which is full of flaws. As rowlow and odinni point out we need to take on a system that is suited to our guild, which is not super hardcore five days a week raiding guild.

There is no perfect system, each will have it's flaws, it will simply be a question of which ones are most tolerable to us Smile

11NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:26 am

Exog

The reason why this is an issue is that there is no perfect loot system, if there was, all would use it.

However this system might be less bad than others, and personally i like it. Also the attendance issue can be somewhat handled by the fact that if you arent there, you cant roll.

I have one question tho, dont know how this was handled in nix:
What do you do once a person gets all his 3 prio items?

Will he get dead last in all rolls? Will he get a new prio item list?

All in all, an active raiding guild needs a sensible way of distributing loot. I think this can work(odinni didnt state why he didnt think it would work) and im willing to give it a try.

12NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:16 am

Tobba

No we did not have a new prio list. Which I think would be really unfair. The reason we put up the prio list would be not to only get your prio items easier, but to stop everyone from getting shitloads of loot. It would be rather unfair if one person gets all three prio items, put up a new list and steals those items from those who are still waiting on their..

I think the most important thing is that ppl actually use their head with this system... I have to say, if I've gotten prio one, and two, and rolled with the same ppl every time, its about time to pass prio three if your rolling on that same item again....

13NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:02 am

Exog

Well if you cant make a new list, it will revert back to good ol rolling when more ppl empty their list.

Also the term "use head" has little to do in a discussion about loot system. If there arent clear guidelines, its bound to end in anarchy.

And i do have to question a loot system that can only handle 3 pieces to each member...

14NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:50 am

Zonbimaru

Ill abide by any system you wanna use of course, though ideally we wouldnt have to use a system. But if rolling gives us the wild west it might be best. Last time there were already quite a few t7 geared ppl rolling on t7.5 while there were mains in blues. Gearing the guild should beat minor personal upgrades.

I do however hope you decide on a system where any participating member can get items. I play often but as soon as it becomes obligatory i get a rash. If i dont play for a bit, and then join a raid and aren't allowed to get anything it would be a bit disappointing. And with the current state of raiding i dont believe an overly hardcore approach is needed.

The days of raiding 6 days a week in 3 different instances are gone, and personally i dont miss them. Im sure things will get a bit more serious with Ulduar, but im a big fan of this new casual rading thingy Smile

15NiX Loot System Empty Re: NiX Loot System Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 am

njalme

Zonbimaru wrote:If i dont play for a bit, and then join a raid and aren't allowed to get anything it would be a bit disappointing.

I guess if 'a bit' is a 3-4 weeks then you should'nt be able to get loot over someone that's been there for the past month. But if you mean it as in 2-3 raid days then I got the same problem as you, not the rash bit ^^, , but I got strange working hours and might get called in for extra shifts etc. Like this week, had 6 days off but turned into 0 when my collegue broke some ribs on the dance floor. Not allways that extreme but ye, ppl get sick, got plans, get visitors etc. I guess that goes for all.

Thus my vote won't go to DKP systems. In my experience it rapes the ones with less than average attendance and motivates ppl to not raid because they know they won't get anything anyway on that specific go. Also you got the point farmers etc.. It's just too many flaws in DKP imo.

Good old common sense goes along way. Someone also mentioned that there's been some loot whoring, keep in mind that if ppl don't speak up as the drop drops you can't go on flaming the person who gets it. You cannot expect someone to inspect every single raid member eligible for that loot to figure out if they get bigger upgrades. You see a bigger roll than urself. Check the winners gear, and if you dissagree that he should have it, give him a pm and it should be sorted without problems.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum