Stock Delivery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stock Delivery

Stock Delivery Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

EPGP system

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EPGP system Empty EPGP system Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:46 am

Middlefinger

For angrr:

First of all, if you want an in-depth explenation how this system works, I am going to refer you to http://code.google.com/p/epgp/.

I am going to explain you in dumbed down english how this system works in this post.

What does EPGP stands for?
It stands for Earned Points Gear Points

What are EP's
EP = Earned Points
EP's are points which you get while raiding or while being reserve during a raid.
Currently, 5 points are awarded every 10 minutes to everyone in the raid.
EP's are used to calculate the formula which determines your PR (Priority) which determines who should get the loot.
The higher your EP's, the better it is.

What are GP's
GP=Gear Points
GP's are points which you get after receiving loot.
Each item in the game has got a value based on several factors as set by blizzard.
GP's slow down the rate at which you gather PR (Priority).
As an example, if you got GP's, you might receive only 0.5 points every 10 minutes instead of the 5 points that are being given to people with 0 GP's.

What is PR
PR=Priority
PR is the actual DKP, PR determines who gets loot.
The higher your PR the higher the chance is you get loot.
PR is calculated as follows : Take the EP devide them by GP, and the result of that is PR.

What is the 10% Decay about
After each raid we decay (remove) 10% of all EP's and GP's.
What this does is if you received an item, it will lower your GP which will increase the speed at which you gain points the next raid.
It will also decrease your EP's to slow down the speed at which the guys with highest EP and PR gain points.

Why is there a 10% Decay
It is there to stop people from hoarding points, saving up for items that drop in black temple.
It is not possible to hoard points since people that do spend points to get gear are able to catch up with people who do not spend their points.
It will also help new recruits to catch up with the 'veterans' in the guild after a certain amount of time.

Example
Right so let's try this in practise with fictional numbers.

Monday's Raid
On monday Rowlow ended up with the following fictional points :
5 EP per 10 minutes, however he only gets 0.5 points due to GP's.
465 EP
333 GP
1.3963 PR

After the raid a 10% decay was applied, so Rowlow ended up with :

418.5 EP
299.7 GP
1.3963 PR

Tuesday's Raid
On tuesday's raid people still get 5 EP per 10 minutes, however because of the 10% decay from last raid Rowlow gets more points per 10 minutes then last raid, he might get 0.8 EP per 10 minutes.

Before you ask questions about this system check http://code.google.com/p/epgp/ first, after that you can ask us any question you like

2EPGP system Empty Reply to EPGP Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 am

Oddsocks-Frusk

Oddsocks-Frusk

I can see the upsides and downsides to this, but would have to look further for a final decision..but,

This is obviously a dicision to be made in and for the guild alone!

Any suggestions or comments on this.. Question

Frusk! pirat

3EPGP system Empty Re: EPGP system Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Middlefinger

yeah i posted the above as an option to consider, it's a system i got a lot of experience with and worked as a charm.

If you have questions fire away I will probably be able to answer them.

4EPGP system Empty Reply to EPGP Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hey um ye just a few, iv read everything like but.. still dont totally understand it, can you explain it in "dumb speech" thats me! Wink Idea

https://stockdelivery.darkbb.com

5EPGP system Empty Re: EPGP system Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:07 am

Exog

Ill write it in a dumbspeak way:(given taht i understand it)

Your have an addon that shows memberlist, the one on top gets loot. The list adjusts itself dynamically.

Edit: I dont think ive ever seen a system needing less work, im willing to give it a go.

6EPGP system Empty Re: EPGP system Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:39 am

Middlefinger

Exog wrote:Ill write it in a dumbspeak way:(given taht i understand it)

Your have an addon that shows memberlist, the one on top gets loot. The list adjusts itself dynamically.

Edit: I dont think ive ever seen a system needing less work, im willing to give it a go.

That's exactly what it does, it stores the info in the officer note of each member, so no external storage is needed.

The work/admin involved of keeping this up to date is that the master looter presses one button at start of raid, and the same button again at the end of the raid.
Item prices are based on item level and stats, blizzard sets the item price, not the addon, so for example bracers are cheaper then 2 handers etc.

The config of the dkp system is stored in the guild notes.

Again I don't want to sound like a fanboy of the system, but I have been in a few guilds that use it, there has never been any argument about loot after using this sytem, since all get what they put into the game.

I'd say give it a testdrive next naxxramas raid to see how it all works etc and remove the data after raid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum